This position is responsible for the design and creative all GirlCode creatives for social media, brochures etc. 2019.The graphic designer is to make sure that all creatives are within brand to help raise awareness of the GirlCode brand. Design work will talk to the GirlCode brand and initiatives. The person in this role will work closely with the Communications team to obtain the necessary content needed and the social media person to get the social media requirements. This person will be in charge of the greater design and a team of junior developers will help in the editing. This person should have experience in creative design and creative concept creation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, you will be responsible for the management of the social media platforms. Making
sure that we are always topical and that we constantly have content on the pages.
• Design/creation of imaging for multimedia platforms or websites, social platforms
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other), image resizing and design.
• Creating digital brand identities for online platforms
• Ensure quality of design deliverables
• Creation of presentation templates or designs
• New trends in online design, data presentation, multi-media representation
• Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create graphics.
• Coordinate with Marketing and the Communications teams for design requirements
• Commitment to the over-arching GirlCode principles, code of conduct, and
organisational systems and processes as set out in the orientation pack.
• Excellent time-management: Consistently arriving on time for all meetings, all
campaigns are executed timeously.
• Conducts him/herself in a professional manner and is constantly working to build the reputation of the GirlCode brand.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts Design, Marketing or related discipline
• Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and other design tools
• 1+ years’ experience in professional design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
• Adaptive design eye and skills (attention to detail)
• Be creative, adaptable to trends and conceptualise original ideas
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to GirlCode’s vision.