Share your wisdom to make a difference in someone else’s life. Young women need someone to look up to and you can be their mentor.
Influence young women’s skills, knowledge and experiences to empower their chances to enter the workplace.
Our girls learn through fun and human interaction. Grow your network by meeting new people and making new friends.
We have an amazing
#girlcodeza team of young passionate ladies that want to make sure that we bring in a whole lot more girls into the tech space. We are looking for dynamic volunteers to help us coordinate initiatives, leverage community support, plan activities and help our great cause in other emergent ways.
This position is responsible for helping the team coordinate and manage the events. Event Volunteers help to deliver a variety of different events from planning and preparation to setting up and running activities on the day.. Helping to prepare for the event – this might involve preparing goodie bags the day before the event, information and signage, moving tables and chairs, putting up banners and so
on, answering any questions and encouraging people to follow GirlCode on social media and sign up as members
VOLUNTEER DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Preparation of Event gift bags
• Greeter/host for Event venue
• Time keeper
• Registration desk representative
• Putting up banners
• Setting up Venue
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO:
• Commit to a minimum 5 hour shifts of volunteering at events
• Agree to wear pants and GirlCode Volunteer Tshirt
We are looking for talented Blogger to generate engaging, original content for our website. The Blogger will research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience and promote the blog using social media, direct email, and other methods to alert and expand our readership. You should be a skilled, tech-savvy writer who can create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience. To succeed as a Blogger, you should be focused on generating and composing interesting content and expanding your readership. You should be creative, adaptable, and analytical with excellent writing skills and a unique voice.
• Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts.
• Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content.
• Promoting new posts using advertisements, emails, social media, and other methods to alert
and attract new readers.
• Advocating and educating others about technology and women in tech.
• Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords.
• Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the
• Monitoring responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to better
understand the audience.
• Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create
stronger, more engaging content.
• Submit at minimum one blog piece a month
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
• Writing experience or familiarity with certain interests or a specific field.
• Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
• Creativity and adaptability.
• Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
• Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media
platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords
• Ability to sit and type for extended periods.
The role of a Club Facilitator is to guide club members through the curriculum (provided by GC) and to help build sisterhood within the Club and help the girls explore how computer science can be used to impact their community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, you will be responsible for getting girls excited about technology:
SELECTION AND TRAINING:
This position is responsible for the design and creative all GirlCode creatives for social media, brochures etc. 2019.The graphic designer is to make sure that all creatives are within brand to help raise awareness of the GirlCode brand. Design work will talk to the GirlCode brand and initiatives. The person in this role will work closely with the Communications team to obtain the necessary content needed and the social media person to get the social media requirements. This person will be in charge of the greater design and a team of junior developers will help in the editing. This person should have experience in creative design and creative concept creation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, you will be responsible for the management of the social media platforms. Making
sure that we are always topical and that we constantly have content on the pages.
• Design/creation of imaging for multimedia platforms or websites, social platforms
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other), image resizing and design.
• Creating digital brand identities for online platforms
• Ensure quality of design deliverables
• Creation of presentation templates or designs
• New trends in online design, data presentation, multi-media representation
• Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create graphics.
• Coordinate with Marketing and the Communications teams for design requirements
• Commitment to the over-arching GirlCode principles, code of conduct, and
organisational systems and processes as set out in the orientation pack.
• Excellent time-management: Consistently arriving on time for all meetings, all
campaigns are executed timeously.
• Conducts him/herself in a professional manner and is constantly working to build the reputation of the GirlCode brand.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts Design, Marketing or related discipline
• Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and other design tools
• 1+ years’ experience in professional design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
• Adaptive design eye and skills (attention to detail)
• Be creative, adaptable to trends and conceptualise original ideas
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to GirlCode’s vision.